3 Health Benefits of Asparagus
Happy asparagus season! Asparagus season is like a sprint, it comes in quickly and seems to disappear just as quickly. Last week we harvested only a few pounds of asparagus and this week we will harvest hundreds of pounds!
- Asparagus is low calorie and a nutrient powerhouse. In just half a cup, it has
- Calories: 20
- Protein: 2.2 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Fiber: 1.8 grams
- Vitamin C: 12% of the RDI
- Vitamin A: 18% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 57% of the RDI
- Folate: 34% of the RDI
- Potassium: 6% of the RDI
- Phosphorous: 5% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 7% of the RDI
- Asparagus also has a unique combination anti-inflammatory nutrients that may help reduce the risk of common chronic health issues, like diabetes and heart disease.
- Asparagus is also rich in fiber, making it a great food to help keep digestion in order, help regulate blood sugar and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Do you wish you could get information like this with recipes and more? Sign up for our newsletter.
Be sure to visit us at this week’s socially distanced Veggie Drive Thru!
Veggie Drive Thru
Friday 5/1 from 4-6pm and Saturday 5/2 from 10 – 12pm.
Coming Soon: Sweet Peas