Try your hand at the delicious salad from cookitquick.org. Its a simple recipe that makes 4 side-salad servings.
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 1 large tomato, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or other mild-flavored vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil an extra ear of corn by your favorite method when you’re preparing corn on the cob. (Or follow my directions for making corn on the cob at: http://bit.ly/corn-on-cob )
- Drain the corn and immediately plunge it into ice water to stop the cooking process and cool it. Either proceed with the rest of the recipe now or, I like to pat the ear of corn dry with a clean paper towel, wrap it in plastic wrap, store overnight in the refrigerator and then proceed with this recipe the next day.
- Cut the kernels off close to the cob; some kernels can be left clinging together to add extra interest to the appearance of the salad.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and mix with salad.
- If time allows, chill the salad for about an hour for flavors to blend. However, the salad tasted good when eaten immediately, too!