I am officially NOT a beet person – but I am trying to become one. When I think of beets, I always think of the smell of dirt, but not in a good way. So I did a little looking around to see if there were some different ways to eat beets and I thought a beet sandwich was my best bet. I figured out that I LOVED it this way.
- 6 medium beets, sliced thin
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 yellow tomato, sliced
- good bread
- lettuce or spinach
1. Steam beets. Remove skin. Slice into thin slices.
2. Thinly slice green onions. I cut one in half length wise and then cut into 2 inch sections.
3. Toast your favorite bread
4. To assemble the sandwich spread some mayo on the toast, lay down a layer of green onions, then a layer of beets, then cabbage, then top with a tomatoes.